So you've got your Metatag module installed and defaults configured for the Global, Front page, and Content. However, you want slightly different meta tags for several of your content types. Here's how you do that.
- Go to Manage > Configuration > Search and metadata > Metatag.
- Click the +Add default meta tags button. This displays the Add default meta tags page
- From the Type drop-down box, select the name of a content type for which you would like to have custom default meta tags.
- Expand all the different sections to expose the meta tag fields.
- Make all configuration customizations for this content type, remembering that you only need to make changes to fields that you want to be different from the Global and Content defaults, or in addition to those.
- Click the Save button. This will return you to the main Metatag configuration page where you should see your new Content type defaults on the listing page.