Credits & Thanks
Thank you to:
SEO Training Camp: https://moz.com/learn/seo/title-tag
About the Editor Advanced Link Module
The Editor Advanced link module allows you to define title, class, id, target, and rel for links in CKEditor. This helps your SEO by placing more text information about each link on the page.
Install and Enable the Editor Advanced Link module
- Install the Editor Advanced Link module on your server. (See this section for more instructions on installing modules.)
- Go to the Extend page: Click Manage > Extend (Coffee: “extend”) or visit https://yourDrupalsite.dev/admin/modules in your browser.
- Select the checkbox next to Advanced Link.
- Click the Install button at the bottom of the page.
There are no separate permissions required for the Editor Advanced link module.
Configure text formats to use Editor Advanced link module
- Go to the Manage > Configuration > Content Authoring > Text Formats and Editors (Coffee: “text”) or visit https://yourDrupalsite.dev/admin/config/content/formats in your browser.
- Click the Configure button next to the first text type listed. This will take you to the configuration options page for that content type.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and find the vertical tab called Limit allowed HTML tags and correct faulty HTML. If that tab is not there, skip to step 6.
- In the field called Allowed HTML tags look for the <a href hreflang> tag.
- Put your cursor at the end of that tag within the field, and add “title class id target rel”. It will end up looking something like this but could vary:
<a href hreflang title class id target rel>
- Click the Save configuration at the bottom of the page.
- Repeat steps 1-5 for each of the text formats.
- After completing all text formats, make sure to click the Save button at the bottom of the Text and Format Editors page.
Using the Editor Advanced link module when adding links to your nodes
- Open an existing node and click the Edit tab or create a new node.
- Select the text to be linked and click the link image button in the editor menu bar.
- Open the Advanced drop-down section.
- There will be fields to add a Title, CSS classes, ID and Relation information along with a checkbox that will open the link in a new window. Fill in the appropriate fields as needed.
- Click the Save button to create the link and make sure to save your content.
Did you like this walkthrough? Please tell your friends about it!