Take the Scary Out of SEO
A number of businesses find themselves over-optimizing their websites with the same two or three highly competitive keywords. How many times have you seen a site menu that reads "Home / Products / Services / Support / About / Press"? Instead of going for the same, formulaic approach to SEO, here are simple steps from Search Engine Land to take the scary out of your SEO.
- Stop thinking of SEO as a marketing channel. It's not. SEO is a method of influencing search engines, not advertising on them.
- Evangelize SEO as a company goal. Find ways for everyone in your company to contribute to SEO, not just marketing and IT.
- Make SEO a responsibility. Many people can contribute to SEO in small, simple ways. Make it a goal for every team member who can help.
- Plan your SEO. If you know what's coming for your company, plan ahead for your SEO!
- Provide specific information. When asking someone to optimize a page, make sure he or she has all the keywords, resources, and guidance they need.
What do you think? What SEO tactics do you use within your organization?