Video is constantly increasing its importance in digital marketing. As the technology becomes easier, and content creators become more comfortable with the format, video’s growth is expected to continue indefinitely. Many businesses have started their own YouTube channels where they regularly post content. Cross-promoting such content on a blog using Drupal couldn’t be easier.
If you are planning to embed lots of YouTube videos to Drupal over a course of time, it is a good idea to consider installing modules such as Embedded Media Field, to create customized fields within content types. Such devices provide easier formatting options and the ability to wrap text around the video itself.
However, if you’re simply looking to embed the occasional video to help spice up a blog post, the quickest and easiest way is to directly embed the HTML into the body of your post itself.
- Underneath the YouTube video you want to embed, click SHARE
- In the "Share" pop-up window, click Embed
- In the "Embed Video" window, click the Copy link at the bottom.
- Open the “edit” interface of the blog you want to embed the video into
- Select Full HTML as the text format of the blog post body
- Click the Source button in the format bar.
- Paste the HTML code into the text where you want the video to appear
- Publish normally
Additional basic HTML options can also help you frame the video, such as putting <center> in front of, and </center> behind the pasted code to make the video appear centered on the page. You can also change the size of the video by changing the "width" and "height" properties in the video code.