Seven Steps for Effective Webinar Marketing
Webinars can be an extremely effective method of generating new leads for your sales department. Combining a well executed webinar with Automatr can result in high conversion rates and an excellent user experience for your webinar registrants. For a flawless webinar, we recommend that the following seven simple steps are followed:
1. Setup Integration with GoToWebinar
Integration between GoToWebinar and Automatr is easy to setup. To do so, first capture your authorization token from GoToWebinar under the My Account section (this will allow the two platforms to communicate). Once you've received your authorization token from GoToWebinar, flip over to your installation of Automatr and go to the GoToWebinar Integration tab under My Account to complete the integration. For more details, refer to our support page.
2. Write Webinar Script and Create Collateral
Before you write your script and create your webinar collateral, there are several technical considerations:
- Length - Consider your audience, are they busy professionals? If so, a one hour webinar may be too long.
- Interactive Features - Keep your audience engaged with your presentation by using polls, questions, contests, and other interactive features. How can you incentivize your audience to promote your brand?
- Presentation Tool - Pick your presentation tool. We strongly recommend Prezi; their presentation tool is easy to use and creates high quality presentations. Other notable alternatives include PowerPoint, Keynote, and Google Presentations.
Once you have an answer for these requirements, there are a few content questions to be answered:
- Objectives - Determine an objective for the webinar. What do you want the final outcome of the webinar to be?
- Topic - Pick a topic that your audience finds intriguing and furthers your marketing goals.
- Title - The title of your webinar should immediately grab the attention of your readers. One source of inspiration is women and men's magazines such as GQ, Women's Health, Men's Health, etc. These magazines are incredibly successful because of the great titles that they write for their articles. They use a formula to write their attention grabbing titles, which leads to a very high conversion rate. Another resource to consider when creating the title of your webinar is the Google Adwords Keyword Tool. Try to fit a highly searched keyword or phrase into your title, so that you'll receive maximum SEO benefits.
- Actions - What actions do you want your webinar registrants to take after the webinar?
- Story - Finally, what is the story that you would like to tell in your webinar? What concepts do you wish to relay to the audience?
Once you have all of these questions answered, it's time to start writing your script and creating your presentation.
3. Create a Landing Page and Form for Registrations
Now that your integration with GoToWebinar is complete, it's time to create a landing page. Here at Volacci, we have a Drupal content type for our webinars so that they maintain a similar look and feel. If you do not have a developer on staff, you have a few options.
- Use the Automatr Landing Page builder
- Use Unbounce (third party tool)
- Use ion interactive's Liveball (third party tool)
Write some persuasive copy for your webinar; discuss the benefits that the webinar attendee will experience and how it's applicable to your audience.
Create a form using your platform of choice. If you use a web form built in your CMS, then remember to integrate that web form using the Web Form Mapping tool. Alternatively, you can use the Automatr Form Builder, Liveball Form Builder, or the Unbounce Form Builder. No matter the platform you use to build your form, ensure that you use the Sync with GoToWebinar action to push your registrants’ data to the webinar platform.
4. Write Emails
There are four primary e-mails that you will need.
- Invitation Email - Create a compelling invitation email that asks readers to register for the webinar.
- Thank You For Registering Email - This email should go to all registrants. We recommend utilizing GoToWebinar to send this email for simplicity sake.
- Thank You for Attending Email - An email that goes out to all webinar attendees.
- Sorry We Missed You - This email should go out to all webinar registrants who did not attend. We recommend attaching a recorded version of the webinar with this email or telling the registrant when the next webinar is going to be held.
Using Automatr, create a nurture campaign for all webinar registrants. Send them information about upcoming webinars, whitepapers to download, and blogs to read. The primary goals of the nurture campaign is to get your registrants to interact with your brand, become more informed about your products and services, and gain that level of trust and knowledge needed to make a purchase.
5. Promote Webinar
A webinar does little good if there are no attendees! Besides using email to promote your webinar, consider using a combination of PPC campaigns and social media to drive traffic to your registration page. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+ are great ways to gain exposure for your webinar and increase the number of attendees.
6. Host Webinar
Now comes the easy part! After you've picked your date and have all of the other steps covered, host your webinar. Remember to record a version of your webinar. Once your webinar is recorded, upload it to Automatr's Asset Hosting so that it can be sent to your registrants. Consider making the webinar downloadable for future visitors who are interested in your webinar topic.
7. Send Follow Up Nurture Campaigns
Finally, start nurturing! Activate your nurture campaigns and begin the prospecting process.
What techniques have you used to market your webinars? And how effective have webinars been for your company's marketing efforts?