Optimize Your WordPress for SEO
WordPress is a popular CMS, and currently powers 1 in 6 websites. SEO can be a source of concern for brands who hose their pages on WordPress, so here's a quick set of tips on how to improve your UX and SEO on your WordPress site.
- Remove the “Hello World” post and “Sample Page”. Delete them from the trash to keep your database a little less cluttered.
- Remove (or change) the default “Uncategorized” category. Do this within the admin area by navigating to Posts -> Categories. The default category should be a top focus for SEO. Ensure that you create relevant categories for all your posts.
- Create a blank page for your latest blog posts.
- Go to Settings -> Reading settings.
- Choose whether you want latest posts or a static page for Front Page Displays.
- For each article in a feed, show the excerpt.
- Ensure “Discourage search engines from indexing this site” is unticked.