How To Save Time With Chrome Profiles
Whether you're in charge of marketing for multiple clients or just want to access your personal email, switching between Gmail accounts can be a hassle. Instead of having every browser on your computer open and dealing with a laggy machine, consider setting up profiles in Chrome. It's fast, easy, and will save you tons of time. I've put together a quick video to show you how to set up multiple profiles in Chrome, and, for good measure, I've included some instructions below.
Setting up Profiles in Chrome:
- Navigate to chrome://settings/
- Under "Users" click "Add New User"
- Select user profile image and name
- Log in to user account on new screen. (If you don't have Gmail, and instead are logging into Hotmail, Yahoo, or some other service, navigate to that login page instead.)
- If you've signed in to a Gmail account, go back to settings
- Under "Sign in" click "Advanced Sync Settings"
- Change drop down menu from "Sync Everything" to "Choose what to sync"
- Uncheck everything except themes
- Click OK
- Under "On startup," select what pages you want to open when you log in to the account
- Switch between accounts as often as you need and save tons of time.
That's it! Setting up profiles in Chrome is quick, will boost your efficiency, and will hopefully free up the RAM you were using on having Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera all open at once. If you've enjoyed this video, check out some of our other helpful marketing resources or sign up for our Digital Marketer's Brief for news, tips, and tricks for those in the trade.