Enhance Your Blogging Kung-Fu With This Article-Writing Checklist
Many businesses looking to enhance their SEO are taking to their blogs on a daily basis to guarantee a constant stream of fresh content and (ideally) enhance their rankings. But there's more to blogging on a daily basis than just writing down a few hundred words and clicking "publish." Below is an article writing checklist to kick your blogging SEO up to volume 11.
- Is your title relevant to your content and keyword rich?
- Do you have natural (not forced) keywords in your headings?
- Does the body copy have a nice balance of easy-to-read content and topic related keywords?
- Do your image file names and alt tags appropriately describe the image, yet include keywords when possible?
- Did you use sans serif typeface for the body copy?
- Did you limit yourself to three different typefaces/font sizes (one for the heading, one for the subheading, and one for body copy)?
- Did you use features like bold and italics sparingly?
- Is your body copy left-aligned?
- Are your headings and subheadings descriptive? Do they flow naturally from beginning to end?
- Did you avoid large, daunting paragraphs and use small, easy-to-scan ones instead?
- Did you include social share buttons in the post?