Creating & Marketing a Top-Notch Infographic
David Wallace at Search Engine Journal posted a great article on the convergence of search & social, specifically when marketing infographics for SEO. He covers a number of great points on creating and marketing a great infographic.
Looking at infographics as a content marketing strategy, keep in mind that while a relatively new term to Internet marketing, infographics have been used throughout history. Here are some key points to consider in your infographic marketing strategy.
- It All Starts With a Great Idea
- Back It Up With Research
- Make Sure It’s Pretty
- Promote Your Infographic
- Measure For Success
Wallace suggests that when you’re marketing an infographic (or any piece of content!), you should keep these tips in mind:
- The general nature of the piece will determine which social networks it will do best on.
- Use StumbleUpon Paid Discovery to draw more attention to your infographic.
- If content is interesting, time-sensitive, or controversial, it should do well on Reddit.
- If you lack influence, it might be wise to hire someone who does to share content.
- Include an “Embed This Code!” (http://infographicjournal.com/embed-code-generator/)