Boost Your Content For SEO
An article on Search Engine Journal was published recently on combatting crummy content. Content is a very important facet of SEO, and there a few simple things that can be done to maximize your content's effect.
On main services pages, especially, you need to have content with the following:
- Headlines for scanning!
- The top headline should immediately tell the reader what service they are looking at.
- This top headline should be immediately followed with why the service is needed and how the service will help the reader. #Sell
- There needs to be an SEO strategy for each page that supports the overall SEO strategy for the entire website! (<- read this again, critical)
- The content should create trust and persuade.
- The content needs to reiterate why the reader needs the service, how they will benefit from the service, and why your company is the right one for the job (but do this subtly).
- Find a way to nicely integrate related services that might interest the reader.
- Offer a call to action.
- Content should read like it is for the reader, but be focused on SEO. This isn’t easy. (while doing all of the above)
Every single sentence on a website should serve a purpose and all copy should be carefully planned. You can do this by:
- Talking to sales people; they know what works and what people need to hear.
- Checking out competitors. What are they doing and how are they ranking for service terms?
- Talk with other employees and get their insights.
- If you have a current website, do a page-to-page audit.
- This is not a must, but a good idea: Talk to current clients and ask them what they would want to see, what is missed currently, and what was it that made them choose you.
- Research (this is a whole other article)
The combination of good, planned content and SEO is a win for any business. How has your business revamped content?