The Benefits of Blogging
With Twitter and Facebook taking over the web-waves, blogging seems like yesterday’s news. But blogging is still immensely important, despite its evolution passed the early adopter stage of its life cycle. Most businesses are leveraging their blog for authoritative purposes, but should they be blogging? Blogging has several marketing, PR, and advertising benefits, like visibility, exposure and credibility. It could also increase traffic and directly result in sales. However, it may not be appropriate for every single business to blog. Take in consideration the following benefits of blogging and assess whether it is a reasonable and profitable effort for your small business.
Business blogs can help your business build an audience, grow your client catalog, increase your revenues and traffic. But you need a purpose for your blog. Here are some of the purposes of a blog that are beneficial to it’s readership:
1. You can offer company news to your customers, readers, etc.
2. You can sell products.
3. You can build brand awareness.
4. You can earn advertising revenue by selling ads around your content.
5. You can network with colleagues, potential clients, and other experts in your industry or niche.
6. You can become an authoritative leader in your industry or niche.
7. You can get customer feedback and constructive criticism.
Blogging takes time and some consider it a science. Join me on Monday as we assess the risks of blogging and determine whether it is something that is right for your business, or if you should just stick the old dog and pony show of traditional media.
Volacci.® Your Profit. Our Passion.