Search Engine Optimization & Austin Weather
It's cold. I'm talking prop open the 'fridge to warm up the house kind of cold. I haven't driven my car since Sunday and it has actually frozen to the street. Coloradans may scoff but 27º is cold here in Austin, Texas. Combine that with a slow drizzle and the entire city is encased in a sheet of ice. All the schools are closed, UT Austin is closed (where my wife is a Genetics prof), even (gasp) restaurants are closed.
So what does that have to do with SEO? It's an opportunity! While most of the world is hibernating, you could spend an hour reviewing your website. Here's a checklist for you:
- Do you know what keywords you are targeting?
- Does your title tag reflect those keywords?
- Do your keywords appear within your site?
- Do you have an irresistible inbound linking campaign?
- Do you have a strong call to action?
- How are you ranking in the search engines now compared to a month ago? Is it getting better, worse or staying about the same? (or, request a free SEO report from us.)
Make a list of all the things you need to do. When you get back to the office later this week, who are you going to ask to do the changes required to improve your ranking?
Good luck, stay warm.