Be Ready For Seasonal Smartphone Search Surge
Google has warned in a blog post earlier today that smartphone-based search will be pronounced this year during the Holiday season, most notably around Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and on.
Searches on smartphones were 7% higher compared to those on a typical Monday, and searches on tablets jumped by 25%. But perhaps more interestingly, clicks on mobile ads spiked even more dramatically in comparison to other average days.
- Make sure that you have campaigns or new ad text for your holiday promotions or messages.
- Increase your budget cap on holidays to account for additional clicks.
- Adopt an always-on strategy to make sure your budget lasts throughout the day. Consumers are researching and shopping at any time throughout the day and you should make sure you can be found.
- Segment your historic campaign performance by device to understand how people interact with you across different devices like smartphones and tablets, and tweak your campaigns accordingly to capitalize.
- Expand keyword lists to include holiday-related terms and ensure you have keyword parity between your desktop and mobile campaigns so you’re reaching potential customers regardless of what device they’re using.