6 Tips to Shift Your Social Marketing
Results don’t happen overnight. More importantly, there is not one silver bullet that will make you a social media superstar. Instead, look at what you need to accomplish on your roadmap: you have an insurmountable number of options within paid, earned and owned media.
If the time has come for you to make a shift, make sure you’re aware of what you really need, whether that is sales or awareness. Getting this one wrong could put your entire ship off course! The only potential for success in any size business and on any budget level is to allow for little shifts along the way that help you to determine whether you’re on the right track.
Here are 6 ways to approach marketing shifts that could make a massive difference:
- Think big at first- nothing can happen without thinking about what’s possible. “Don’t sweat the small stuff” and think big because you have to have a might big list to start with in order to break down everything you want to accomplish.
- Plan your variables- You have to know what could possibly go in an unfavorable direction in order to plan for it. This doesn’t need that you need to be negative, just think it all through and plan around each milestone so you know what challenges you think might happen and how you’ll respond.
- Think in visual- there’s a reason we live in a visual economy, people respond to visuals and the main way to get buy-in is to show it, don’t just tell. If you can find a visual way to represent the vision, you’ll be able to get everyone on board with the outcome, how you get there won’t be as much of a challenge.
- There is no linear- we live in a world where there is an unpredictable process and you have to be open and flexible to everything along the way. So don’t forget that sometimes there is a better outcome to the areas you’re open to.
- Failure means shifting and trying again- a shift that makes a difference comes more from failure than it does success. When you’re able to see the shifts out of each challenge you face, they’ll all add up to success!
- Success shifts mean celebrate- don’t forget to high five your team along the way. I’m no pro at this one and often forget that sometimes those little successful milestones are the ones that make the process that much more fun!
Key takeaway: Authenticity drives the energy necessary to create forward momentum. We call it “1° Shifts” for your marketing in a connected world of social activity – the small but critical course corrections that, over time, set you on a trajectory toward transformative success can make a 180° difference.